The year is now almost at the end. It has been a challenging year for both yourself and your staff and you are now facing your biggest challenge of them all…the challenge of having to let some staff go…and just before Christmas!
Whilst you and your staff may have had an idea this change might be coming, the reality you now face is very real and very confronting. You are a caring manager who has always looked out for your staff, who cares about their well-being and the well-being of their families.
How can you help them and support them in dealing with this?
One of the most valuable things you can do (and I speak from experience here) is to engage the help of others highly skilled in dealing with job loss, redundancy, redeployment and career transition. Their presence, guidance and assistance can bring your staff the understanding, clear strategies and hope they need at this time. These are often such skills that you will be unable to provide yourself, given the part you are seen to be playing in their enforced departure so having others to assist you with this will make the transition easier for both your staff and yourself.
Our team of professional at ACT Curious EAP can provide this assistance.
- Support and guide you through the process
- Provide expert knowledge and practical tips and strategies
Help your staff:
- deal with the loss, helping them to understand the pain and joy of redundancy.
- by providing a safe space to listen to them, ‘hear’ them and validate their experience
- by providing constructive advice in dealing with their families through this difficult time
- by providing them with practical tips, tools and strategies for job searches
- move to a place where they find some hope of having meaningful employment in the future
- by bringing them to a richer understanding of their strengths by assessing their thinking styles, capabilities, identifying their values
- providing them with an opportunity to think about what a rich, full and meaningful life looks like to them and help them move towards it
- provide them with an understanding of how to control what they can and strategies to help maintain and/or build their confidence
- provide useful tips, tools and practice interview skills (including ‘mock’ interviews
We can also help by running workshops on:
- Dealing with Change
- Resilience and Well-Being
- Building Confidence
Remember, all staff will handle this news differently. For some, it will in fact bring an opportunity to review and determine the type of life they would like to lead; their legacy. We can help these staff as well, with assessments, tips and tools that can help them identify where they want to be in the future and how they can live the rich and meaningful life they desire.
We have highly expense psychologist and clinical social workers who can provide this assistance and work with you and/or your staff towards resolving your issues. Contact us for a confidential discussion today.