Clinical Social Worker
- Bachelor of Social Science (Counselling and Mediation)
- Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Sciences (Child, Adolescent & Family Mental Health)
- Masters of Social Work
- ATSI (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander)
- Children and adolescents
- Parent-child relationship difficulties
- Foster Care and Adoption Work
- Trauma (PTSD)
- Grief & Loss
- Family Therapy
- Perinatal and Postnatal mental health
Lisa has a special interest in working with children, adolescents and their families. She is experienced in working with individuals who have experienced complex trauma and providing comprehensive attachment & trauma-informed clinical assessments and treatment interventions. Lisa has undertaken advanced training in the USA in Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy (DDP) with Dr Daniel Hughes to assist children to recover from trauma and who have attachment difficulties. She also specialises in providing Theraplay® (Level 2 certified) with children and their parent/carer (in the session together) to assist in strengthening the attachment relationship through play.
Lisa also provides counselling to individuals who may be experiencing a range of difficulties, including depression, anxiety, stress, parent-child relationship difficulties, grief and loss, work place issues, perinatal and postnatal mental health and complex trauma (PTSD).
Lisa is highly experienced at working alongside Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families and working cross culturally and spent her childhood growing up on Bundjalung Country (NSW).
Registrations and Memberships
- Accredited Mental Health Social Worker (AMHSW)
- Accredited Social Worker (AASW)
- Registered Medicare Provider
- Certified to provide Non Directive Pregnancy Support Counselling (MBS)
- Clinical Member Australian Counselling Association (level 4)