- Accredited Practising Dietitian & Accredited Nutritionist – Dietitians Association of Australia
- Masters of Dietetics (MDiet) – Monash University
- Bachelor of Nutrition Science (BNutSci) – Monash University
Melissa can help with any of the following areas
- Weight Management
- Healthy eating and lifestyle
- Plant-based nutrition (vegetarian and vegan diets)
- High Cholesterol/Triglycerides
- High Blood Pressure
- Type 1 and 2 Diabetes
- Coeliac disease
- Food Allergies/ Intolerances
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Nutrient deficiencies (E.g. Iron deficiency)
- Cardiovascular Disease/ Heart Health
- Kidney Disease
Melissa is an Accredited Practicing Dietitian who has completed a Masters of Dietetics at Monash University. Melissa translates evidenced-based scientific information into individualised, practical advice. She has a caring and supportive nature and is dedicated to creating a tailored diet plan that is right for you and will help you to achieve your goals.
Melissa has a comprehensive understanding of the relationship between food and biochemistry and the role this plays in the prevention of chronic diseases, and how this affects your overall health and wellbeing.
Melissa is passionate about all things food and health, with knowledge in many areas. She has a particular interest in plant-based diets and has extensive knowledge in the area.
Melissa believes that diet plays a role in all areas of health, not just physical, but also emotional, social, intellectual and environmental. She takes all these aspects into account to provide a holistic approach to solving nutrition problems and achieving your goals. She is passionate about helping people to establish a healthy relationship with food, allowing you to be happy and healthy while reaching your goals.
In her spare time Melissa enjoys being active with activities like hiking, running and swimming. She also loves travelling and photography.
Please note Melissa will not be seeing children or clients with eating disorders at this time.